cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error E98F001E: Failed to update data in the database.

NVNsupport
Level 2
Starting this past week a desktop that I am backing up nightly has started showing "Error E98F001E: Failed to update data in the database."  It does however report right before that message that the backup was successful, the backup file appears in the backup destination, and it can be opened with the recovery point browser.

Nothing has changed as far as the backup destination is concerned.  There are no permissions issues stopping writes/changes to files or folders within the destination.  Google comes back completely empty for every phrasing of the search I have attempted.

Any assistance is appreciated to resolve this apparently harmless, but annoying error message.

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
You use the google search feature right ? Is the client managed by a besr manager oder besr management solution ?

NVNsupport
Level 2
Yes, I used Google search.

It is a stand-alone install (i.e. NOT managed by BESR management console).

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
Hm, then I have to pass because we do not use google search. Sorry !

David_Vaughan
Level 2
I to am getting the "Error E98F001E: Failed to update data in the database." in the log file.  The backup seems to have run correctly, however this error still appeared in the log.  I'm using BESR 2010, Server 2003 SP2, Backing up to a network location