cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error EBAB03F1: file system limitation

sylint
Level 3
Partner

I'm receiving the following error on a single volume. I have 3 volumes on this computers. The system volume (C), and two volumes on a SAN connected via iSCSI (E and G). C and E backup fine and to completion. G gives me this error everytime. The volume size is 5TB.

Notification Type: Error

Priority: High

Description: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of SylintData (G:\).

Error E7D1001F: Unable to write to file.

Error EBAB03F1: The requested operation could not be completed due to a file system limitation.

Details: 0xE7D1001F

11 REPLIES 11

criley
Employee Accredited

What version (including service pack) of BESR/SSR are you using? Check in Help/About for details.

sylint
Level 3
Partner

It's 11.0.3.45857

criley
Employee Accredited

I assume you mean 10.0.3 which is SSR 2011 SP3.

Have backups of G ever worked?

Have you tried independent (full only) backups of G? If not, can you (as a test)?

sylint
Level 3
Partner

No they haven't. I've tried independent and recovery point set and get the same result.

criley
Employee Accredited

In that case, I would recommend you open a support case for this issue.

Are you based in EMEA? If yes, please let me know what the case ID is and I will take a look.

NOTE: Please note that our case management system is being migrated to a new system this weekend. If you decide to open a new case, I would suggest you wait until Monday.

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you check this please?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH158113

Joseph_Stalin
Not applicable
Employee Accredited

Chris Case No is 420-401-361

criley
Employee Accredited

Unfortunately I cannot work on this case as I only deal with customers based in EMEA.

The US support team should be able to help you though, assuming the above TechNote does not help.

Please keep us updated with progress..

sylint
Level 3
Partner

Ok, that articled got rid of one error, now I'm getting another

Description: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of (C:\), CaseData (E:\), SylintData (G:\), FreeAgent Disk (Z:\).

Error EC8F03ED: Cannot create the recovery point.

Error EBAB0013: A test that safeguards the integrity of the program failed unexpectedly. CHECK failed, Computer::CreateImageFile: .\Computer.cpp(1460): guid != Guid() && sequence != 0xffffffff.

Details: 0xEBAB0013

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you backup the volumes individually to see if the problem is still only with volume G?

sylint
Level 3
Partner

Backing up G separately does not produce that error.