Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error EC8F17B6: Cannot update the system index (.sv2i) file

AndyP123
Level 3
Partner

Hello,

We seem to be getting this error in the in the Application event log.

Error EC8F17B6: Cannot update the system index (.sv2i) file.
Error E7D10016: Unable to set attributes on '//NASLOCATION/FILENAME .sv2i'.
Error EBAB03F1: Access is denied.
Success.
Details:
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

System recover reports no issue… it has a green tick on everything and it does seem to be working. Verify check passes.

Once the job finishes we then get this error:

Info 6C8F1F7E: A scheduled incremental recovery point of drive D:\ was created successfully.
Error E7D10016: Unable to set attributes on '//NASLOCATION/FILENAME .sv2i'.
Error EBAB03F1: Access is denied.
Success.
Details:
Source: Backup Exec System Recovery

The NAS box is one of the Dlink Unix based units and the system is running on Windows SBS2008 SP2. Is this an error we should be concerned about or is because it’s trying to set a permission on a Unix SMB share?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, we use the same setting and the same problem came up with me. i checked the permissions and i discovered that the user that is used to access the share did not have write permissions. so i copied the file from the nas to the desktop of the server and then imediatly back. then i checkd the permissions again and everything was fine.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you check the ntfs rights on the file ? Does the user that is used to access the backup location have the write to modify the file ?

AndyP123
Level 3
Partner

I think this may be the issue Markus, it’s not a true NTFS file system; its EXT3 being shared out using Samba. You cannot change the Attributes (Eg read-only), it lets you but then forgets the change and the security permissions cannot be changed on the share as you do get an access denied error.

At the moment the NAS is in a workgroup out of the AD and manages its own permissions. With an add-on you can get the NAS on the domain; could be worth getting that a go but the odd thing is we have other sites working on this set up no errors.

Thanks for your help in this matter

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, we use the same setting and the same problem came up with me. i checked the permissions and i discovered that the user that is used to access the share did not have write permissions. so i copied the file from the nas to the desktop of the server and then imediatly back. then i checkd the permissions again and everything was fine.

AndyP123
Level 3
Partner

I will try the same and come back...

AndyP123
Level 3
Partner

Cool, that has resolved the issue Markus,

We stop the System recovery service and moved the sv2i file off the NAS and they put it back on and restarted the service; the permissions seem right now and it ran last night with no error.

We are going to monitor but it all seems well.

Thank you for your time.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

My pleasure !