cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job, Error ED800019 could not be opened, Error E7D1000E: Unable to open (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

monster_rl
Level 2
We are using Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 Server Edition on Windows 2003

Following error taken place once or twice a week during the scheduled backup time. And the final backup image cannot be created. 
This job can run normally sometimes. The backup destination is on anther backup server with shared folder to access.

High Priority Info: Info 6C8F1F65: The drive-based backup job, Drive Backup of OS (C:\), data (D:\), data2 (G:\), has been started automatically. 0x00 (Backup Exec System Recovery)
8/17/2013 4:43:49 AM High Priority Error: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of OS (C:\), data (D:\),data3 (G:\).
Error ED800019: The recovery point file '\\xx.xx.xx.xx\e$\image\test_D_Drive010.v2i' could not be opened.
Error E7D1000E: Unable to open '//xx.xx.xx.xx/e$/image/test_D_Drive010.v2i'. It does not exist. 0xED800019 (Backup Exec System Recovery)
 (UMI:V-281-3215-6071)

7 REPLIES 7

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Does the file exist on the backup destination ? You could try the network throtteling option to slow down the speed of writing to the other server. This helped in similar cases within our environment.

monster_rl
Level 2

Only the previous successful backup image remained. There are no images created at the destination for the failed backup job. We have tried enabling the "ignore bad sector during copy" but seems no help.

For your network throttling option, does it slow down the backup job greatly ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You can control the bandwidth SSR will use for writing to the backup destination, so depending on your settings it can slow down the job greatly.

monster_rl
Level 2

I wondering whether the failure of command files run after the recovery point creation would lead to this error ? Although the command files were for starting up some services, it looked it didn't run. 

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Possible.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you had a chance for a deeper look at this issue ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?