cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job

gcans
Not applicable
Im having trouble with BESR 7.0 on one of my SBS2003 servers.  Here is the Error:

Notification Type: Error

Priority: High

Description: Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of  (C:\),  (F:\). Info 60BB0154: Snapshot failed because of VSS failure. Error EBAB03F1: Catastrophic failure. Error E7D1001F: Unable to write to file. Error EBAB03F1: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. Error E7D1001F: Unable to write to file. Error EBAB03F1: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

Details: 0xEBAB0005

I can backup each drive seperately buy if I try to run the backup as one I get the error above.  Also The backup does seem to run completely at least once a week.

Help?

1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Are you backing up to a network share or to a local drive? Have you tried backing up to a secondary storage location for comparison over a differnt connection method? (i.e. USB then over the network, etc) What build of the BESR 7 option does this SBS have installed? Have you check for filesystem errors on both the storage and SBS systems?