cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

--Error ED80002A: Failed to open parent recovery point file 'file

bokman
Level 3

Complete error including path:

-Unable to create incremental recovery point.
--Error ED80002A: Failed to open parent recovery point file 'file://donjon/basement/backup files/BCI-BASEMENT_Local Disk0-2_Drive002_i022.iv2i'.
---Error ED800018: The recovery point file 'file://donjon/basement/backup files/BCI-BASEMENT_Local Disk0-2_Drive002_i022.iv2i' cannot be found.

The file is missing, it did create two more incremental backups before it failed. ...23.iv2i and 24.iv2i (see screenshot).  I was able to open backup with recovery point browser. I haven't even run a month of backups and already some difficulty. It seems to have skipped some other numbers sequentially (see screenshot).  The network location is a QNAP NAS which checks itself weekly and I also backup music, movies, my pictures (am a photographer). This data is all backed up as well using allway sync so would notice pretty quickly if other files were missing (typically files only go one way off my computer to QNAP). Should I be backing up to a mapped drive letter instead to prevent this? had been backing to network location with BESR and later SSR to a file server in a similar manner.

Solution I have found is to create a new backup and am doing so now. What if I needed data off this backup? Are there logs that can be checked.

Have been using BESR since version 9.0 don't recall having a problem like this though.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You should check die Logs and backup histroy of the machines that are backed up.

I think you can use the incremental backups before the missing 22, e.g. 21 down to the full backup.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

So this file does not exist on the NAS device as of now? file://donjon/basement/backup files/BCI-BASEMENT_Local Disk0-2_Drive002_i022.iv2i

Correct if you check screenshot you would note three partition backup.

The 22 file missing across all three so is it possible it was interupted has forgotten that backup was missed.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You should check die Logs and backup histroy of the machines that are backed up.

I think you can use the incremental backups before the missing 22, e.g. 21 down to the full backup.

thanks I will monitor closely for a month or two.

Yes just found Event log thanks...leads to 4 errors on 21st in morniong: Backup is done at night.

Error EC8F17D8: Cannot complete consolidation of incremental recovery points.
Error EC8F0422: Cannot consolidate the incremental recovery points.
Error ED800033: An attempt to collapse an incremental range failed.
Error E7D1001F: Unable to write to file.
Error EBAB03F1: Following Operating System error occurred while performing requested operation: 'The specified network name is no longer available.'
Error E7D10046: Unable to set file size.
Error EBAB03F1: Following Operating System error occurred while performing requested operation: 'The specified network name is no longer available.' (UMI:V-281-3215-6104)

Obviously network problem but strange that it would do this 9am on Sunday morning usually out taking pictures.

regardless will monitor closely we can close thread will open another if required

So it looks like computer woke itself from sleep, so if folks monitor these threads how about a 1-2 minute pause before backup starts for power management and networking to sort itself out? Let user select network backup and only affect that?

So while running Windows Memtest and another solution that has not been updated, I purchased Passmark Memtest86 I discovered memory problems. Since replacing memory these errors resolved and actually recently restored using bare metal recovery.

Thanks