cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code ECA307D2 when creating recovery disk

ScottCoffey
Level 3

Got the following error on two different Windows 7 boxes when trying to create a recovery USB stick:

error.png

9 REPLIES 9

criley
Employee Accredited

Different error code but the following might help: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000081423.

Also, can you confirm the exact version of System Recovery you have - look in Help/About for version details (do not post a screenshot of this as this will expose your license key).

Product version is 11.1.6.55604... latest available download from website.

There are no encryption products (that I'm aware of) installed, so I don't think your link applies.

criley
Employee Accredited

Does it work if you try to create the recovery disk as an ISO file rather than on USB?

Can you provide the following log file please: \Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

I'll try the .iso option next time I'm on site.  I doubt it's an issue with the stick.  Creation was successful on three similar PC's with identical USB sticks. 

criley
Employee Accredited

You may be right but I thought it was something worth trying - to narrow down the issue if nothing else.

We may need a support case opened for further investigation.

OK, I'm new here so let me know what I need to do.

criley
Employee Accredited

I had already left for the day (I'm in the UK) so did not see your reply until this morning.

Did you try creating SRD as ISO file?

I would recommend opening a support case so we can investigate further.

OK, was back on site and discussed the problem with the office manager.  I was having the same problem on 2 different PC's.  Come to find out, they both had Webroot antivirus installed.  Once I uninstalled that the problem was solved.

My experience is that anitvirus software causes more problems than it solves.  Smiley Frustrated

criley
Employee Accredited

That's good to hear, thanks for the update.