Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating the custom environment

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Hi All,

I'm trying to create a Customized System Recovery Disk to recover a HP ML350 with a  P400 controller.
Now I added the 2008 drivers to the CSRD as previously advised by a Symantec Employee as i'm using BESR 8.5.3 which loads the 2008 environment on start up.

But every time I try to create the SRD I get the following message after a few minutes:
Error Creating the custom recovery environment

InjectingDriver
ECA3139C
Error ECA3139C: Symantec Recovery Disk does not support the type of driver.

So I created a CSRD a couple of weeks back for a Dell PE 1950, again with the 2008 driver for the Storage Controller and tried to do it again this evening - and now it won't work!!!
Same error each time.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
Gilly
23 REPLIES 23

criley
Employee Accredited
Gilly,

Just wondered if you had tried those drivers with the 8.5.5 SRD yet?

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Sorry Chris,

Been out of the office and will try first thing tomorrow.

Thanks,
Gilly

marcogsp
Level 6
Chris and Gilly -- I was able to get the HP drivers injected into a custom SRD with the version 8.5.5 SRD.   Version 8.5.3 is installed on my workstation.  I don't have the affected HP equipment in order to test, but I am encouraged since the custom SRD process finished this time.  Following are the steps I used to create the SRD:
  • Downloaded the drivers that Chris linked to earlier and used 7-Zip to extract the drivers to separate folders.
  • Used 7-Zip to extract the contents of the 8.5.5 ISO to a local folder.
  • Started SRD creation process.  Chose to save as an ISO file
  • Pointed to the folder containing the SRD contents when prompted for the SRD.  Pointed to the HP driver folder when prompted for drivers. 
  • Let the process finish normally.
I ended up making two separate ISOs since the SRD creation process recognized the two driver sets as being used for the same controller.  Now to try this for some of the stubborn devices I have in my environment!!!

criley
Employee Accredited
Did you get a chance to try this?