cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error defining a new backup job.

galbraithr
Level 3
I have a new install of BESRM on a windows 2003 server (sp2) and i recieve the following error when attempting to; Create a Backup Job and Specify a Destination

Error Message;
Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {C691BFA7-682A-4313-84CE-6DFD3F1F2502} failed due to the following error: 80040154.

Details.
Error defining a new backup job.

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {C691BFA7-682A-4313-84CE-6DFD3F1F2502} failed due to the following error: 80040154.
Details
    Data
        System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
    Source
        ManagerConsole
    Stack Trace
           at Symantec.RecoveryManager.ProtectorObjects.ObjectConverter.getGenericVProVolume(String driveLetter, Int32 volumeId, Boolean mounted)
           at Symantec.RecoveryManager.ProtectorObjects.ProtectorAuto..ctor()
           at Symantec.RecoveryManager.JobWizard.AddJobMultipleComputerWizard..ctor(ImageJob2 imageJob, List`1 ids, Boolean isGroup, Boolean browseHidden, Boolean RunOnce, String title, Boolean isCalledFromManager, Boolean isFoundOlderVersion)
           at Symantec.RecoveryManager.RecoveryManagerSearchableTypeObjects.OnCreateJob(Command cmd)
    Target Site
        getGenericVProVolume

Thanks in advance
9 REPLIES 9

afnetguy
Level 2
I have receieved the same error when running the Recovery Manager Console from my Recovery Manager server.  If I run the console from my Windows XP desktop it works fine.

afnetguy
Level 2
I also get similar messages when trying to edit backup jobs or destinations from the console on the server.
These are destinations and jobs that I created through the console on my XP machine.

galbraithr
Level 3
OK, maybe this is not the answer but it worked for me so far (waiting till the 60 days trial license expires to see what happens)

1. Install the BESR Server Client to my management server (BESR Manager), this creates the regkeys
2. Uninstall the the BESR Client software ? (more on this later), the regkeys still exisit
3. Installed the BESR Manager to my management server, and all good no more CLSID errors.

things to note though are, not sure what will happen after the 60 days when the BESR Server Client trial license expires.

Reasoning for not installing BESR Server Client on my management server is basically money, as everyone knows this makes things happen - Management Server is not considered production.

However this is the only way i could get it to work and thought that it is poor written software & Symantec are also Money driven if you need to purchase a Management Console License & Server Client license as well to use the fuction of the console.

Andrea_Annoe
Level 4
Partner Accredited

III have the same error on new install BESRM. How can be resolve this problem?

Thank for you help.

Andrea_Annoe
Level 4
Partner Accredited
Errore nella definizione di un nuovo processo di backup Recupero della class factory COM per il componente con CLSID {C691BFA7-682A-4313-84CE-6DFD3F1F2502} non riuscito a causa del seguente errore: 80040154. Dettagli Dati System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal Messaggio Recupero della class factory COM per il componente con CLSID {C691BFA7-682A-4313-84CE-6DFD3F1F2502} non riuscito a causa del seguente errore: 80040154. Origine ManagerConsole Traccia dello stack in Symantec.RecoveryManager.ProtectorObjects.ObjectConverter.getGenericVProVolume(String driveLetter, Int32 volumeId, Boolean mounted) in Symantec.RecoveryManager.ProtectorObjects.ProtectorAuto..ctor() in Symantec.RecoveryManager.JobWizard.AddJobMultipleComputerWizard..ctor(ImageJob2 imageJob, List`1 ids, Boolean isGroup, Boolean browseHidden, Boolean RunOnce, String title, Boolean isCalledFromManager, Boolean isFoundOlderVersion) in Symantec.RecoveryManager.RecoveryManagerSearchableTypeObjects.OnCreateJob(Command cmd) Sito di destinazione getGenericVProVolume

doggah
Level 2
I have the exact same problem on a new install of BESRM on a Win2k3 server.

Andrea_Annoe
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have resolve with a new installation of BESR Server and after BESR Manager...

For some reason (unknown for me) the BESR Manager required the BESR Server on the same server.

Best regards to all.

Andrea.

doggah
Level 2
Thanks Andrea. I installed BESR Server on top of BESR Manager and I am no longer getting errors when I try to assign or run a backup job from the console

Jacob_A
Level 6
Employee

There are two ways to get around this issue. As you have seen, the first way is to temporarily install Backup Exec System Recovery which will register the necessary files.  The other involves registering the individual DLL files by themselves as seen this following article:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/305622