cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error deploying BESR 2010 (v9) agent to w\2008 SP2 32bit svr

sjl-in-oz
Level 2

Trying to deploy BESR 2010 (v9) agent to a windows 2008 SP2, 32bit server.

Error in application log on destination server is below,

Product: Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010 -- Error 1720.There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Custom action UninstallGenericMountDriver.B24ECCE6_686C_4EE4_8552_094917A5F4A1 script error -2147024894, : Line 4, Column 7,

Ive run the utility to cleanup failed installation but so success.

The installation process Im using is fom the BESR 2010 server (w\2003 SP2 32bit), selecting 'Computers' - 'Add', input IP or DNS name of destination svr, input domain admin acc, and install fails with status it cant communicate with destination server.

McAfee anti-virus (v8.8) being disabled on both BESR and destination server doesnt change result.

Anyone able to assist?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sjl-in-oz
Level 2

I was successfully able to complete the uninstall by copying over the whole directory structure from another server ,which was running BESR, and then completing the uninstall steps with 'Program & Features'.

Thankyou for your initial response Markus.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Did I get you right, you have run the uninstall.bat for BESR 2010 ?

sjl-in-oz
Level 2

Yes and it reports all successful but when I go back into 'Programs & Features', BESR is still there.

When I try and manually uninstall it from here I receive the following error,

- ERROR: Failed to have success running the UninstallDriver function in MSIUninstallDriver Function

Any further advice would be great.

sjl-in-oz
Level 2

I was successfully able to complete the uninstall by copying over the whole directory structure from another server ,which was running BESR, and then completing the uninstall steps with 'Program & Features'.

Thankyou for your initial response Markus.

shailesh866
Level 4
Employee Accredited

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76289 : This is an uninstall.bat file for BESR 2010.  It can be used if uninstall issues occur when uninstalling the product.