cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error encountered while attempting to prepare the Message Store

ictnti
Level 2

I'm getting this error trying Granular Restore Option for mailboxes from Exchange 2007 SP3 on Windows 2008R2 server. Backups don't indicate any errors, logs are truncated etc.and I can see all the files/folders in the Recovery Point Browser.

I've found some articles with this same error on BESR 2010 or SSR 2011 but I'm using Symantec System Recovery 2013 SP1. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

6 REPLIES 6

criley
Employee Accredited

First thing to check; can you browse the recovery points for each volume using the Files/Folders section of the Granular Restore Option?

If yes, can you try a few test restores to confirm this part is working?

ictnti
Level 2

Yes, when I start in the Files/Folders section of the Granular Restore Option I can browse through all the volumes and folders in there. I tried some test restores of single files and they work fine.

I recently built 2 new Exchange mailbox servers and they both have this same issue.

criley
Employee Accredited

Are you backing up all volumes that contain Exchange-related data in a single backup job?

If yes, this is going to need a support case for further investigation. Can you open a new case for this?

ictnti
Level 2

Yes, it's just a simple all drives backup. I'll try to open a support case.

criley
Employee Accredited

If you can open a case, please let me know what the case number is.

ictnti
Level 2

I've created Case Number 05352871.