cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error restoring server from recoverypoint Filesystem unknown

Foralias
Level 3

Hi

Im trying to restore a windows 2003 server, with symantec system recovery 2011 recovery cd. The recoverypoint was though created using BESR 7.0, (but I havent got any problems using that method before.)

Heres the problem:

I've tried to recover the server with two different recoverypoints. But in every one the filesystem is categorised as "Unknown", in the details view.
When I try to open the recovery points I get this "Error EC8B0022: Browsing this V2i drive is not supported" up on the screen, even on another computer.
If I try to format the c-drive with NTFS format, the restore process wrecks the filesystem rendering "Unknown" again.

When I try to browse the Computer from within the recovery console main menu, I cant see the c-drive. And when i try to change the active partition I get the error #5016, and the only thing/solution I can read about via Google is covering x64 bit systems, but mine aint that. I followed the workaround none the less, but I still got the error.

I've tried validating the recoverypoints, and all is okay BESR states :-S

When I try to boot after recovery (whome BESR claims is successfull), I get one of two errors: "Operating system not found", or "Error loading operating system" 
I've tried all the options in the recovery setup "Set drive active for booting", "Perform restore everywhere", "Restore MBR" and the likes. All with the same endning :(

To this case I must mention, that there was a small partition on the harddrive before the operating system. But I couldnt see what it was. The server is a Fujtsu Siemens Primergy TX120 s2

I hope you can help. 

1 REPLY 1

Foralias
Level 3

By the way, in the "Change active partition" utility the filesystem is stated to be QNX?!? - What is that?