cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when deploying BESR client to remote computer

ioniancat21
Level 5
Hello all;

I am a new forum member since I inherited a BESR 8.5 installation from a previous administrator who was replaced. Anyway, he didn't complete the setup of the backup system during his tenure so now I've been assigned the task. I was attempting to remotely deploy clients to added remote computers. Regardless of which computer I connect to or credentials used I get this error:

"Attempt to communicate with Remote Command Service on remote machine failed. The pipe is being closed."

Just to add, when I remote desktop into these servers and manually install the client from the install CD all completes normally and my BESR Console can then communicate with the client so only the remote installation process is the issue. I have the Firewall/ICS Service disabled and have domain admin priviledges within the network. Searching the site here has also proved uneventful. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chris
1 REPLY 1

Gilly-Bhoy
Level 6
Partner
Hi Chris,

Might be worth installing the BESR console on another server and trying the push from there?
I have never seen this specific error but I have had difficulty with pushing the SW before.
I know that on one occasion the problem lay with DCOM default properties so it might be worth checking?

Sorry I can't be of more assistance
Gilly