cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to configure SMTP notifications within VSR

Prognosys
Level 2

Afternoon all
Hopefully someone can help with this issue. I see the following error message as soon as I click the "SMTP Email" button within the "Notifications" section of the VSR options and despite being able to dismiss it, I'm still unable to apply any settings.VSR18.jpg
I'm currently running in trial mode on three servers running differing operating systems (Windows Server 2008 Std R2, Server 2012 R2 Std and Server 2016 Std), all of which are exhibiting the same issue. Support have been of no help as they won't support me without being licensed but I'm not going to purchase a license without ensuring that the product functions as it should first.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Hm, we're running VSR 18SP2 on server 2012R2 with SMTP notifications successfully, but we set them per VSR-MS.

Because of the error message I guess some components related to mail are missing on the machines?!

criley
Employee Accredited

@Prognosys 

Can you try the following on one of these servers:

1. Run CMD as admin
  2. Change into following folder: C:\Program Files\Veritas\Veritas System Recovery
  3. Run Fixinstall.bat
  4. Once batch file has completed, reboot server

Does this help?

criley
Employee Accredited

@Prognosys 

Just checking to see if those steps I suggested helped or not?

Thanks criley

I will try this tonight with a reboot but I'm not holding my breath as it seems unlikely that multiple fresh installs should need reparing.