cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors E7C3000F and EBAB03F1

schommes
Level 3

Dear Crowd,

I am running Symantec System Recovery on an HP Elite Notebook with Windows 7 and an SSD-Harddrive.

While trying to create a system recovery point I was getting the following error message:
-Erstellen eines inkrementellen Wiederherstellungspunkts nicht möglich.
--Fehler E7C3000F: Gerät \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy2 kann 1.088 Sektoren, beginnend bei LBA 54.394.784, nicht lesen.
---Fehler EBAB03F1: Folgender Betriebssystemfehler ist beim Ausführen des angeforderten Vorgangs aufgetreten: 'Die Anforderung konnte wegen eines E/A-Gerätefehlers nicht ausgeführt werden.'

(UMI:V-0-187-131)

Roughly translated this says:

"-Creation of an incremental recovery point is not possible.

-- Error E7C3000F: Device \\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy2 cannot read 1.088 sectors beginning with LBA 54.394.784

-- Error EBAB03F1: The following operating system error has occurred while performing the requested operation. 'The request could not be performed due to an I/O-device error.'

Five days ago the program worked just fine.

What can I do about this?

Best regards, Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

schommes
Level 3

Ooops. Thanks for reminding me.

Actually the final solution regarded the fact that I had installed a software called Outlook Backup by Priotec Software additionally to Symantec Backup. It seems that both software somehow interfered with each other. This however did not happen right away but a few months after installing both softwares.

I deinstalled Outlook Backup and Symantec Backup worked again.

After that I tried reinstalling Outlook Backup and today both softwares work flawlessly.

Took a friendly indian Tech a few hours and buckets of sweat to help me thru this.

regards, Thomas ;)

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Checkdisk schon probiert?

schommes
Level 3

Dear Markus:

sorry, for replying in English. I wanna keep this readable for everybody else.

No, I have not attempted Checkdisk since it is an SSD-Drive (as described in my original mail ;) and I was told that using the Checkdisk command on an SSD would a. not lead to any results, b. rather damage the drive and c. that SSD Drives very often have failing clusters upon delivery, but that that is not a mistake but rather a typical side effect of production. I gathered this from the Internet. Can you confirm this?

Best regards, Thomas

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Ups sorry, didn't notice that.

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,

have you seen the solution in the following discussion? https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/unable-create-incremental-recovery-point

schommes
Level 3

Dear Imosla,

thank you for pointing me to that. I ran both files. You find the Partinfo Log attached. Of course I cannot complete step 3 of the solution shown in the other thread because - as mentioned before - I have an SSD and thus cannot perform Checkdisk for the above mentioned reasons. Given that, the procedure described in the solution did not bring about any changes. The error(s) persist.

I would appreciate if you or anybody else could take a look in the log, because - since I am not a techie - it does not mean much to me.

Best regards, Thomas

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Other Question: Can you open a support ticket for this issue?

schommes
Level 3

Dear Marcus,

I'd love to. Where do I do that though? The software's help button doesn't offer that option.

Best regards,

Thomas

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You need to do this via http://mysupport.symantec.com/

schommes
Level 3

Dear Markus,

thanks for pointing me there. I'll try that then and if a solution is found, I will repost it here.

Best regards, Thomas

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Great, please keep us posted.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here?

schommes
Level 3

Ooops. Thanks for reminding me.

Actually the final solution regarded the fact that I had installed a software called Outlook Backup by Priotec Software additionally to Symantec Backup. It seems that both software somehow interfered with each other. This however did not happen right away but a few months after installing both softwares.

I deinstalled Outlook Backup and Symantec Backup worked again.

After that I tried reinstalling Outlook Backup and today both softwares work flawlessly.

Took a friendly indian Tech a few hours and buckets of sweat to help me thru this.

regards, Thomas ;)

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Great, so please mark this post as solved.

schommes
Level 3

I was wanting to do that, but where?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

There is a button mark as solution on the bottom of each post.

schommes
Level 3

Done. Thank you, Markus, have a nice weekend.