cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Retrieve option can not revocer attachments

tracs
Level 2
Partner
I am trying to retrieve a users mailbox using the Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery Exchange Retrieve method.  Backups have been occuring as normal and I am able to mount the volume.  I can see each and every message that is in the users mailbox I can even recover the messages.  I am however unable to revocer the message attachments.  I have a number of meesages that have a variety on attachments from word documents, pdf files, zip files etc.  The retrieve window displays the attachment name and gives the option to save or open it, but when you click OK a message appears and says file not found.

To discribe it further,  the retrieve window reports a users mailbox size to be 750MB for example but when the entire mailbox is recovered, the resulting pst file is only 80MB.  No attachments seem to be available. 

What am i doing wrong?
1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Please review and monitor the following technote:

From the Backup Exchange Retrieve (BEER) console, the customer can "see" the attachments but cannot "open" them. In addition if the message or attachment is restored, it cannot be opened using Outlook after the restore.

See if the version of BEER being using is 7.01 build, significant changes has been made to this build that may help in this issue. You can obtain this updated build through the https://fileconnect.symantec.com site or by calling into technical support.