cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to extract file Dll_.ini

Chief_Owen
Level 2

While installing update to Backup Exec System Recovery software I got a message that states "failed to extract Dll_.ini from the binary table. I have tried everything I can think of and researched this issue. It will not allow me to update, uninstall or reinstall the software. Does anyone have an idea? 

4 REPLIES 4

criley
Employee Accredited

What version are you updating to/from? And are you using LiveUpdate or some other method?

How many machines are affected?

Chief_Owen
Level 2

I was installing updates for system recovery 2010. I have tried everything from live update to reinstalling the program. It will not allow the program to be removed, reinstalled or updated. This software is on a Windows Server 2003 R2 machine.

The error message is titled "InstallShield DDL Custom Action" failed to extract file Dll_.ini from the binary table.

Chief_Owen
Level 2

I was installing updates for system recovery 2010. I have tried everything from live update to reinstalling the program. It will not allow the program to be removed, reinstalled or updated. This software is on a Windows Server 2003 R2 machine.

The error message is titled "InstallShield DDL Custom Action" failed to extract file Dll_.ini from the binary table. 

EARTTIC_Group
Not applicable

Hope this finds you well;

This can be solved by two points:

ONE: Possible related to DCOM configuration, so that your user is not granted of appropriated permisions. (more complex due to review your interla configuration)

TWO: Easily fixed this issue by changing the "Environmental Variable" from %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp to C:\temp.

1. Right-Click "My Computer"
  2. Properties
  3. Advanced Tab
  4. Environmental Variables
  5. For "User variables for admin"
  6. Change the values for TEMP and TMP to C:\temp (directory)

Best regards,
EARTTIC Support Team