cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: More Options for "File size (MB)" Pick List

Steve_Alwine
Level 2

Hello, and thank you for a great product in System Recovery!  I have been using it successfully on Windows servers, workstations, and laptops since the first version was released many years ago.

I run into issues with backup jobs failing when Recovery Point images get very large, especially over 500 GB.  This has happened both to Network Storage and to Local Disk destinations.

I have found a successful workaround using: Backup Job > Advanced Options > Divide into smaller files to simplify archiving,
However the maximum file size in the Pick List is 9180 MB. This results in a very long list of segment files in the destination folder.

PLEASE ADD LARGER OPTIONS LIKE: 50 GB, 100GB, 200GB to the Pick List, or maybe an option to type in a desired segment file size.
--
Thank you in advance for considering this!
Steve

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

akihiro1
Employee

The max size of the list is 9180MB but we may be able to manually type the size that we prefer.
If possible, please type 51200 and save the backup job. It means 50GB. 
However, I have never tried it. I do not know if the size actually works.

View solution in original post

That will work.  The job in question runs a Full Backup at the start of each new month, so I waited to edit it until Mar 1st (avoid triggering an undesired full backup).

This is what I learned:
  - You can type in up to 5 digits, so 99999 is the largest segment file size available.

At some point, maybe this could be increased to 6 digits, but this works for sure in this case.

Thank you for your help!
--
Steve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

akihiro1
Employee

The max size of the list is 9180MB but we may be able to manually type the size that we prefer.
If possible, please type 51200 and save the backup job. It means 50GB. 
However, I have never tried it. I do not know if the size actually works.

That will work.  The job in question runs a Full Backup at the start of each new month, so I waited to edit it until Mar 1st (avoid triggering an undesired full backup).

This is what I learned:
  - You can type in up to 5 digits, so 99999 is the largest segment file size available.

At some point, maybe this could be increased to 6 digits, but this works for sure in this case.

Thank you for your help!
--
Steve