cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File and folder backup for large data

Stanleyj
Level 6
I have an imaging system that has reached 2tb in data and is projected to reach 6tb in a few years. I use backup exec 2010 to do drive level snaps of the directories with a base taken every sunday and incrementals taken 4 times a day starting at 6am.

I make backups of the images to disk when the directories reach 400 gb to be taken offsite but they still have to remain online for the system to use. So this means that everything but up to 400 gb worth of data is offisite at any given time 

So where my problem lies is that i dont need for backup exec to take these large snapshots because most of the data is already stored offsite.  I have tried the folder level backup of what is the current wrting directory but it just keeps failing because it can't backup the data in a decent time frame  

What i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or knows of a way to make backup exec or even another product take snapshots of a directory instead of a drive?   

Thank you.
1 REPLY 1

digsaw
Level 4

What about using BUE for that purpose instead of BESR? BUE can leverage AOFO as well if that is needed. You could also try Windows Backup. Unless it has to be an image and not a backup.