cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File missing from full disk backup

MikeInPoulsbo
Level 4

I don't know how long this has been going on but I just noticed that my Outlook data file is not being backed up in "My Computer Backup".  Would that be because it is always open when backup occurs?  I thought VSS shadow processing took care of that.  I also back up this file daily in Files/Folders.  It records OK.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5

MikeInPoulsbo
Level 4

Whoopes, I didn't have VSS enabled.

I enabled VSS and now if I use the "Open" command to view the backup data I have 3 Outlook .ost.tmp files with total size of about 5 MB.  They don't look like they would aid in recovering the original .ost file whose size is around 1.5 GB.  If I "mount" the backup file there is no .ost file at all.  I'd like to know what is going on here.

criley
Employee Accredited

Thanks for the information.  I'm going to upgrade to SR 2016.  I wonder if this addressed/solved in that version?

criley
Employee Accredited

Thanks for the information.  I'm going to upgrade to SR 2016.  I wonder if this addressed/solved in that version?

No, because this is something that Microsoft have set within the operating system. This is outside the control of Veritas System Recovery ...