cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Frustrated Backup Exec User

John_Technegol
Not applicable

We are using Backup Exec System Recovery with the granular restore option v8.5

The GRO v8.5 does not work with exchange when you have the binaries on the OS and the database on a different data drive.

There is a fix to this v8.5.3 which i am unable to download anywhere.

The workaround is to downgrade to v8 I have done this and GRO works great however my v8.5 key isn't valid for v8.

I have been in contact with Symantec Customer care. Initially I was told the license for v8.5 allows you to downgrade one version, after explaining that this doesn't work I was told I don't have valid support and directed me to the support website.

This is quite a summarised version of events i have been in contact with Symantec support and customer care many times I am now at the end of the line with Symantec saying I don't have a valid support contract we're not helping you.

I am frustrated because I don't see this as a support issue. I have been through Symantec support site found the 2 fixes to my problem all I want from Symantec is let me have the 'Bug Fix v8.5.3' or give me a license to use an older version.

Is it too much to ask to buy a piece of software and have it work like it says in the documentation. I'm not after an upgrade or even Symantec support to investigate the issue.

Annoyingly we've just supplied another customer with a server and Symantecs Backup Solution if I knew this was Symantecs Customer support I would have reccomened Acronis or something else.

Regards

A very dissapointed Symantec Customer

1 REPLY 1

criley
Employee Accredited

Please contact me via private message and I can make the latest version of GRO 8.5.x available for you to download.