cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GHO Files

Ithaka
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a set of GHO files and I would like to recover some selected files from. This spans 13 CD's and was created by Ghost 7.6 I believe.

I have downloaded Ghost Explorer and tried to use that. I went through the issue of resetting the code in the first CD to tell it that is have a span.

After loading the first CD I get "An NTFS partition is spanned over 13 segments. Unless all segments are available at once this may lead to excessive disk swapping. Do you wish to load this partition"

I say yes and then is asks for CD3

I place CD3 in the drive and let it read, hit retry a few times and it won't read the disk.

If you click cancel at that point the message is "corruption in image file or media not present - not all files shown"

Please if you can let me know what direction to go it at this point.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

EdT
Level 6
13 CDs is less than 10Gb of data, so what I would suggest is that you copy the content of each CD to a folder on a hard disk  This has two benefits - the first is that it removes the need for disk swapping, and the second is that it verifies that the data on each CD is actually readable.
From the error you are getting, it would seem that CD 3 is possibly unreadable, at least on the optical drive you are using. If this is the case, and you are unable to read this CD on any other optical drive, then you have to accept that this backup set is lost.