cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error ELAD27F0 - Cannot determine protection from System Recovery 2011

Brad_TVC
Not applicable

Just installed System Recovery Trial on a client's server and received this error. The box is a new Dell T410 2008 R2 x64.  Attached is partinfo.txt
Thanks

Brad

1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Brad, I suspect that the job engine (SME) is not able to determine partitions start/stop on source drive 0. Are there any windows system or application events surrounding this issue? If you looking within the SMEDump log file, does it report as well that these two partitions on disk 0 is the root cause of the problem? Is this system in production? If so, and you have already performed a selective startup with base Windows and SSR services enabled and where Partinfo is still reporting these errors. I would first recommend performing a file level backup to back up adequately, to this client's satisfaction, the contents of this volume's partitions then consider doing one of the following:

1. Check the firmware and mass storage controller drivers for the RAID to see if an update is available; apply it and re-check.

2. Attempt to use the Mass-storage controller to re-detect the volume created by the RAID to see if it will fix the partition geometry.

3. Use the Windows shrink option within Diskmanagment to adjust the two partitions size to be a tad smaller.

4. Wipe and re-create the partitions then restore your data back into the volume.

5. Adjust the partition table using a utility like PTedit (not for the faint of heart) within a WinPE environment.

Prior to performing the steps above, If you boot this system using SSR's SRD and run a gather, do we see the same partition errors in its Partinfo; we should but just in case I would check (e.g. Rule out disk management software incorrectly reporting disk sizes to Windows & SSR or driver issue).

-Dave