cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting multiple email alerts on successful job completion (full backup only)

LKCI-SUPPORT
Level 3

Every week i'm recieving multiple (around 50) successful emails on a single full backup job.  It seems there is a email that is generated every time the backup software purges an old backup file (which i really don't care to know),here is a sample:

Date: 3/14/2015 4:21:20 AM
Notification Type: Info
Priority: High
Description: Info 6C8F043E: Recovery point F:\SBS Full Backup\SBS_D_Drive005.v2i deleted to comply with the size of recovery points to save for each drive.

The only options I see within the console are under Task/Options/Notifications/SMTP Email I have the priority level set to Medium and high priority messages and checks for Errors, Warnings, Information.  

The only emails i want to recieve is when a completes (success OR failure).  How can i go about do this?

10 REPLIES 10

criley
Employee Accredited

Description: Info 6C8F043E: Recovery point F:\SBS Full Backup\SBS_D_Drive005.v2i deleted to comply with the size of recovery points to save for each drive.

Are you getting 50 x messages for the deletion of the same recovery point (as mentioned above) or does each message reference a different recovery point file?

LKCI-SUPPORT
Level 3

Sorry they are all different recovery point files.  Not sure why they are considered High Priority messages but i don't see any where that I can unsubscribe or reclassify these notices.

criley
Employee Accredited

So are you getting a message for each full (.v2i) and each incremental (.iv2i) backup that is removed?

LKCI-SUPPORT
Level 3

I'm only receiving these on my full backups (.v2i) which are currently sent to tape.  My daily differentials are sent to an eternal hard drive and I do NOT recieve these type of alerts when that data is purge.

criley
Employee Accredited

I think you misunderstood my question ...

I know that you will only get these email alerts following a full backup - this is because the auto-removal of old backup(s) is only done when the new full (i.e. new set) is created.

My question is; these 50x email alerts - are these seen for deletion of all recovery points in the set, including full and incremental backups? For example, one message will reference fullbackup.v2i and another will be for incbackup.iv2i ? Just curious why you are seeing this many (50) alerts in one go ...

LKCI-SUPPORT
Level 3

Of the 50 messages it appears that there are alot of duplicate emails for the same message (3 or more in some cases).  

Some of the unique messages are:

Date: 3/14/2015 4:21:17 AM
Description: Info 6C8F043E: Recovery point F:\SBS11 Full Backup\SBS11_D_Drive005.v2i deleted to comply with the size of recovery points to save for each drive.

Date: 3/14/2015 4:21:17 AM
Description: Info 6C8F043E: Recovery point F:\SBS11 Full Backup\SBS11_C_Drive005.v2i deleted to comply with the size of recovery points to save for each drive.

Date: 3/14/2015 4:21:16 AM
Description: Info 6C8F043E: Recovery point F:\SBS11 Full Backup\SBS11_RECOVERY1-2_Drive005.v2i deleted to comply with the size of recovery points to save for each drive.

Date: 3/14/2015 4:21:07 AM
Description: Info 6C8F043D: Recovery point F:\SBS11 Full Backup\SBS11_G_Drive007.v2i deleted to comply with the number of recovery points to save for each drive.

LKCI-SUPPORT
Level 3

The incrementals are on different storage so no i'm not seeing this on the incrementals.  It appears that i'm receiving duplicates of the same email notification (3 or more times) but all referencing .v2i files ONLY (fulls).

Here are some same emails:

Date: 3/14/2015 4:20:58 AM
Description: Info 6C8F043D: Recovery point F:\SBS11 Full Backup\SBS11_D_Drive003.v2i deleted to comply with the number of recovery points to save for each drive.

Date: 3/14/2015 4:21:04 AM
Description: Info 6C8F043D: Recovery point F:\SBS11 Full Backup\SBS11_RECOVERY1-2_Drive007.v2i deleted to comply with the number of recovery points to save for each drive.

Date: 3/14/2015 4:21:12 AM
Description: Info 6C8F043E: Recovery point F:\SBS11 Full Backup\SBS11_RECOVERY1-2_Drive005.v2i deleted to comply with the size of recovery points to save for each drive.

Date: 3/14/2015 4:21:19 AM
Description: Info 6C8F043E: Recovery point F:\SBS11 Full Backup\SBS11_C_Drive005.v2i deleted to comply with the size of recovery points to save for each drive.

LKCI-SUPPORT
Level 3

The incrementals are on different storage so no i'm not seeing this on the incrementals.  It appears that i'm receiving duplicates of the same email notification (3 or more times) but all referencing .v2i files ONLY (fulls).

Here are some same emails:

Date: 3/14/2015 4:20:58 AM
Description: Info 6C8F043D: Recovery point F:\SBS Full Backup\SBS_D_Drive003.v2i deleted to comply with the number of recovery points to save for each drive.

Date: 3/14/2015 4:21:04 AM
Description: Info 6C8F043D: Recovery point F:\SBS Full Backup\SBS_RECOVERY1-2_Drive007.v2i deleted to comply with the number of recovery points to save for each drive.

Date: 3/14/2015 4:21:12 AM
Description: Info 6C8F043E: Recovery point F:\SBS Full Backup\SBS_RECOVERY1-2_Drive005.v2i deleted to comply with the size of recovery points to save for each drive.

Date: 3/14/2015 4:21:19 AM
Description: Info 6C8F043E: Recovery point F:\SBS Full Backup\SBS_C_Drive005.v2i deleted to comply with the size of recovery points to save for each drive.

LKCI-SUPPORT
Level 3

I have two separate jobs created, a full backup which is run to tape and a second job that only backups up two of my volumes and it sent to external drive, this is only occuring on the Full backup that is performed on Saturdays and within all the emails the only file extensions referenced are .v2i files.  I have noticed that there are a significant amount of duplicates within the emails, for instance, out of the 50 emails maybe only 15 are unique.

criley
Employee Accredited

What version of SSR are you running (please check in Help/About for details of the version number) ?