cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost functionality?

sebjnk
Not applicable

My laptop experienced a system failure and made me look into software that would allow me to capture a "healthy" version of my OS with all my applications on it, etc.. so that in case things get messed up, I can always restore my computer to the healthy version.

Will BESR 8 allow me to do this? Otherwise I am also considering Ghost (which appears to be the right product at first glance), and even perhaps Save & Restore.

Thanks in advance for any insights and guidance. 

1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Both the Norton Ghost / Save & Restore and Backup Exec System Recovery products are what are commonly refer to as disk imaging applications. Depending on if you are planning to roll out a disaster recovery solution (e.g. To restore a system after a disaster; hard disk corruption, bad software update/configuration, virus infection, etc.) to many systems or to just this one laptop and if you foresee into the future the need to restore an image made of one specific make and model of system to a different one would help decide between the two products. If you are going to managed more then one machine, I would choose either Backup Exec System Recovery or Norton Ghost, if you want to retarget an image to a dissimilar hardware then where it originally came from then you are looking at just Backup Exec System Recovery.