cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Granular Restore Fails - Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object

ttelepak
Not applicable

I have BackupExec System Recovery 2010 installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 with two virtual servers.  System Recovery is also installed on each VM.  The first VM is a Windows Server 2008 R2 with Exchange 2010.  The second VM is a Windows Server 2003.  All of the backups go to a networked USB drive.  On the parent server I can open Granular Restore and restore a single file with no problem.  I have Outlook 2010 installed and the Visual C++ runtime libraries on the parent server as well.  When I try to recover an Exchange item using the parent server to do it, I get the error.  After the storage group is mounted the "Object Reference Not Set to an Instance of an Object." pops up.  I can click OK to get past it, and browse through the mailboxes and individual messages.  I select a message to be restored and it fails each time.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

criley
Employee Accredited

A couple of questions:

1. What build of BESR 2010 do you have (check in Help/About on both the parent server AND the Exchange server)?

2.What failure message do you see when attempting to restore mails?