cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grt cannot load exchange restore points in 2010

PeterMac_2
Level 3
Partner
We have just done an upgrade from BESR 8.55 on a SBS 2003 R2 server to BESR 2010 and everything seems to be fine except the GRT is having problems. It can play with files/folders and Sharepoint just fine but when we try to look at Exchange it starts off ok, Mounting Volume Recovery Points, but when it hits Preparing storage Group if comes with "Error in the Application" and stops.

Anyone seen anything like this?

The backups seems to work just fine at least from the files/folders and Sharepoint side, I can restore stuff just fine from them.

I also have BE 12.5D installed on this system if that helps.

Peter

11 REPLIES 11

criley
Employee Accredited
Peter,

Can you provide us with a screen shot of the error you are seeing please?

PeterMac_2
Level 3
Partner

Sorry this website won't allow me to upload the image.

It happens during the preparing storage group

rectangular box with a blue bar with Granular Restore Option in the blue bar

Simple red stop sign with white X in it and "Error in the Application" beside that with an OK button.

Peter

Paul_Jeal
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
Peter,

Could you confirm where you are running the Granular Restore Option (GRO ) from; is that on the SBS server itself or somewhere else, as Outlook is required to be installed, to allow Exchange restores. This is probably not installed on the SBS\Exchange server and, at least with Exchange 2003 and before, is not supported by Microsoft on the same server?

Also where did you used to run the GRO from in 8.5.x, as that was previously a separate package that could be installed independant of the BESR client?

PeterMac_2
Level 3
Partner
This was supposed to be an upgrade from 8.5.x to 9.x. This is a single 2003 SBS server, all programs were on here before the upgrade along with OL2003 SP3. We did an upgrade but GRT didn't work so we took out 9.x entirely and did a fresh install and got the same result.

BESR and GRT are installed on the same system. OL2003 is installed on the system as well, we have ALWAYS installed it on our SBS servers despite what MS says because there are too many reasons to have it on the server.

Peter

criley
Employee Accredited
Peter,

I would recommend that you open a case with tech support for this.

GeoffKrie
Level 3
Almost the exact same conditions as Peter. I never used the GRO prior to the update to BESR2010 but now that I am trying to do a granular restore from my workstation that has Outlook 2003 installed the procedure stops at the same point as Peter's.

PeterMac_2
Level 3
Partner
I am working with tech support to fix this. I will post back when we have a fix.

GeoffKrie
Level 3
Have they given you any updates or work arounds?
Thanks

PeterMac_2
Level 3
Partner
Actually I have only been working with the telephone tech support for 2 weeks :)

They still haven't figured out what's happening. Unfortunately it's our test server that we doing the testing on and I don't want to install BESR 9 on any production servers until I get this fixed. The guys at Symantec are rather slow to call us back.

GeoffKrie
Level 3
Have they resolved the issue for you?
Thanks
Geoff

PeterMac_2
Level 3
Partner

Nope.

We have gone through all sorts of hoops but nothing yet.