cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Restore Within Hyper-V Session - Step by Step?

RickkeeC
Level 4
I am using BESR 8.5.3.
I have a Windows 2003 session that has BESR installed, and I created my backups to a host machine share.

I inject the BESR 8.5.3 ISO into the CD-Drive and able to successfully boot to it.

1.  I have no mouse, How can I get the mouse to work?\

2.) I added a Legacy Adaptor.  BESR does not seem to work with the Legacy Adaptor.  Do I need to install an additional Driver to get this to work?
I get the error

3.) I tried adding in an internal adaptor.  When I try to configure the settings for the ip 192.168.2.113, they will not save.  I check after save and have network address of 0.0.0.0., DNS of 255.255.255.0

Can you give me a step by step that will work so I can recover this backup?

Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited
This may be hardware related. I've got Hyper V setup on a Dell PowerEdge 2950 and have mouse and legacy NIC support.

This sounds a little silly, but have you tried a different mouse? Also, have you attempted to create a new session and booted up to the SRD, just to make sure that it is not session related?

marcogsp
Level 6
Depending on the hardware used, could this also be an issue with the Hyper-V integration services not being installed on the SRD?

Would this session be occuring over a Terminal Server or Remote Desktop connection?  I ask since you indicate that you are injecting the SRD ISO into the session.  TS and RD do not play nicely with Hyper-V mouse control without integration services being installed.  Also, some earlier and unpatched versions of Hyper-V have caused issues with mouse and keyboard availability.