cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I manage my computers?

Richou
Level 4

I bought 30 SSR 2013 licences.

I would like to know how can I manage my 30 computers?

I don't want use SSR Management Solution.

Do I must install SSR Monitor?

Can I install SSR2013 in my Windows Server and manage my computers by this way? (deploy my agents, schedule my tasks, ...) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Amrit_Alok
Level 4

You can manage the computers by installing SSR 2013 on one Windows Server and then by deploying the agents to the client machines.

The limitation in this case is that you will have a view of a single computer at a time. Like, you will be able to connect to a single computer's SSR Console and can view the jobs, etc.

The SSR Monitor is just for the list view of the machines on which SSR Application is running. You cannot manage the machines using SSR Monitor.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Amrit_Alok
Level 4

You can manage the computers by installing SSR 2013 on one Windows Server and then by deploying the agents to the client machines.

The limitation in this case is that you will have a view of a single computer at a time. Like, you will be able to connect to a single computer's SSR Console and can view the jobs, etc.

The SSR Monitor is just for the list view of the machines on which SSR Application is running. You cannot manage the machines using SSR Monitor.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Just to add to what Amrit said, while you cannot manage computers through SSR monitor, you can launch the SSR console from the monitor tool for 1-to-1 management. With only 30 computers, SSR Monitor will work perfect for what you need.

Richou
Level 4

Thanks Amrit and Andy.

One last question, if i install SSR on my Windows Server (just to manage my computers), Do i must buy a licence for that?

I installed SSR 2013 on my Server and he asks me a license or if i want i can use it 60 days for free... 

Amrit_Alok
Level 4

Yes. SSR is licensed on a per server installation basis.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

There is a 60-day trial before you have to purchase licenses. 

Richou
Level 4

That's not good news!

I don't want to secure my server with SSR desktop edition, I need it for managing my computers....

But ok....

Amrit_Alok
Level 4

You can dedicate a Desktop Machine for the same work. There will not be any affect on the functionality of the application.

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Please mark this thread as 'solved' if it answers your question