cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a Custom Recovery Disk using the SSR 2013 Trial

mgshn
Level 3

I've just downloaded the SSR 2013 trial and want to create a bootable recovery disk.  From what I can tell from the unavailable user guide and sparse help file, I need the to have a SSR disk or SSR recovery .iso in hand and neither was provided with the trial.

Is there a way to proceed without them?

31 REPLIES 31

criley
Employee Accredited

Those comments from Brian_H are incorrect I'm afraid.

Not quite sure I get your other points though. Creating a custom recovery disk is pretty straightforward in my opinion - just open up the console, go to Tasks/Create Custom Recovery Disk, then follow the wizard.

Hope that helps.

SoArb
Not applicable

Got a problem using SSR 2013 60-day version.

I tried to create a system recovery disks on blu-ray BD-R media, but when the first (of 10 discs) is full, I get an error message telling me that it couldn't go on with the process to continue making the next disc in the disc set. So then the operation failed.

HOW CAN I OVERCOME THIS PROBLEM?

Are there coming any patches which can fix the problem?

tuurke
Level 2

Replacing Ghost by a trial SrS was giving me the same Recovery disk problem. After making a C-disk image with SRS, I used the GHost 14 Recovery disk to have a look about if this could be used.

After restarting the system the Recovery sytem was opening and I could make a choice between the old system images (still present from the previous Ghost) and/or the recent one made with SRS.

So I suppose that the image would be restored if I had to do this.

Did someone tried this already.

Windows 7 64 bit.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Can you provide the exact error? Maybe a screensot? That will help.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You can restore both with the SSR 2013 recovery disk if you needed to. They are both in V2i format. Does your SSR 2013 disk not see the image location, and Ghost 14 does? I'm not sure exactly what your issue is.

tuurke
Level 2

Sorry in the meantime I removed SSR 2013 from my laptop because I was affraid, not having the correct  recovery disk for the software could, in my mind, cause troubles in case of a computer crash.

Weekly I was making a Ghost image from my hard drive. When I installed SSR I still, even when Ghost was removed by the installation of SRS, had a backup of my system.

So using the the Ghost 14 recovery disk I was able to re-istall my previos image as well as the new SRS.

Why I removed SRS ? For the moment I don't see any added value. And as long as Ghost 14 is doing the job "I need" I'm happy with. In my mind I had the idea that SRS would be much faster (as explained in the documentation)...for me it wasn't.

Symantec told me, years ago, that is was not possible to use Ghost 14 with Windows 7 (64 bit)...and I should install Ghost 15...

I'm using Ghost for about 3 years on my laptop and on my XP desktop without problems.

But this "seems" to be correct: a friend tried to install the same software and it didn't worked.

Probably, in a near future, and on a Windows 8 computer SRS would be needed...

ROBERT77
Level 3

Hello

I probably write in the wrong thread . So i post there and hope to obtain a response .

I have created a custom l DVD /CD  with SSR 2013 . I have burnt the iso file . It seems during the creation of the iso.file , the drivers have been recognized automatically . I have an erreur about marvell9 xx Sata .

I have tried to boot the PC , but that doesn't work .

Please could you have a solution to sort out ?

Regards

Robert

gerrypete
Level 3
Hi, I can't seem to get past the browser compatibility issue in my attempt to download the Symantec System Recovery Disk ISO file. I receive the error message that my browser is out of date which is not correct since I have the latest IE browser in Windows 8.1 Pro. I added Symantec.com to the list of compatibility view websites but no luck. I would like to know how to get around this issue so that I can download the Symantec System Recovery Disk ISO file for use in the SSR 2013 Desktop Edition. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

What is the error you are getting?

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

What version of Internet Explorer is it? I can check and see if there are any compatability issues. One thing you can try is putting the browser into compatability mode.

To get around the issue, you can try using Firefox to download the file.

Rookies
Level 4

Dear All,

Is system recovery disk not available for linux?

How to fully restore for linux physical or virtual machines?

I only can find syst recovery disk for windows. Appreciate if someone out there can help.

criley
Employee Accredited

For Linux, you must create the recovery disk yourself - please refer to the user guide for more details:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC6258