cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I install SP4/5

George_Humphrie
Level 3

I have just upgraded to Windows 10.

I can see the zipped patch files on my licence page, but when I down load what I think is the right file, I can't see anyway to install it no convenient install.exe file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

George_Humphrie
Level 3

All sorted I think.

The solution was buried in a thread by Hans05.

To be able to run the right installation file on some computers you need to enable "Net Framework 3.5".

I'm quoting Hans09

"Open Control Panel, Select 'Programs' 'Programs and features', 'Turn Windows on or off' (It's a line on the top left of the window)

Select the checkbox for 'Net Framework 3.5 (Includes NET 2.0 and 3.0)' and then click 'OK'

It worked for me.

George 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have a look here: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000107923

George_Humphrie
Level 3

Thanks that's what I asked for a nice .exe file to run, but unfortunatly when I run it as the administrator,  I get the following message.

"This patch cannot be installed on this computer. Please contact Symantec Customer Support for more infomation."

I bought System Recovery (pre R2) early last year, and the support has run out, when I called the support person at Veritas, because the one year support was up, he washed his hands and wouldn't help me.

That's why I posted on this forum.

Do I have to go out and buy a new uptodate version?

George

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

So you have SSR 2013 without R2?

George_Humphrie
Level 3

Yes.

George

George_Humphrie
Level 3

I have attached a screen shot of my licence page, which appear to have the files I need to upgrade, but when I unzip them I only have XML files which I don't know what to do with them.

George 

George_Humphrie
Level 3

Realise now the first two files were for network systems.

Got desperate and downloaded and tried to run the basic edition R2 install file.

This seems to be the right one but it crashes out of install after a couple of seconds.

I uninstalled my old copy of SSR but it still crashes after a couple of seconds.

George

George_Humphrie
Level 3

All sorted I think.

The solution was buried in a thread by Hans05.

To be able to run the right installation file on some computers you need to enable "Net Framework 3.5".

I'm quoting Hans09

"Open Control Panel, Select 'Programs' 'Programs and features', 'Turn Windows on or off' (It's a line on the top left of the window)

Select the checkbox for 'Net Framework 3.5 (Includes NET 2.0 and 3.0)' and then click 'OK'

It worked for me.

George 

George_Humphrie
Level 3

Sorry Hans I meant Hans05, not 09

George