cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Symantec BESR 2010 off site copy work

PCJunky
Level 4

How does Symantec BESR 2010 off site copy work:

Does it backup to the off site destination at the same time i.e two stream of data from the same source?

Or does it write the backup to the primary destination, then copy this to the off site destination?

Or do something else?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

I looked into this a while back and found that the offsite copy actually copies the recovery point back to the source machine (i.e. the machine being backed up) and then copies it to the offsite destination. For this reason, the performance is not going to be great.

Clearly this could be improved and I've reported this internally to see what can be done about it.

Any questions, let me know.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

I looked into this a while back and found that the offsite copy actually copies the recovery point back to the source machine (i.e. the machine being backed up) and then copies it to the offsite destination. For this reason, the performance is not going to be great.

Clearly this could be improved and I've reported this internally to see what can be done about it.

Any questions, let me know.

RRE
Level 6

Hi there,

You can refer pg no 86 of the BESR 2010 Admin Guide for more info on Offsite copy

BESR 2010 Admin Guide can be downloaded from here

http://support.veritas.com/docs/336319

PCJunky
Level 4

Thanks again for the speedy responces, thats just what I was looking for and confirms my suspitions.