Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How te restore V2I file from Virtual Server

damiantysoe
Not applicable

Hi all,

In need of some help.

Basically, we have 2 physical servers. On them, we run 2 virtual machines each. We run 3 versions of Symantec System Recovery 2011 on these virtual machines and run backups every night to a NAS drive.

So what I'm trying to achieve is to run the Symantec Recovery disk on another machine (Restore Anyware) to find the NAS drive to have these back up files on. I create the disk, put it into my other PC/Server and it throws the error "Could not get network adapters" which means It cannot find the backups on the NAS drive.

So then I try to run a custom recovery disk, as the recovery disk I created did not work because of drivers.

I run the driver validation tool on the Virtual machine and it says the driver "Microsoft Virtual Machine Bus Network Adapter driver" is missing which makes sense why it couldn't find the NAS drives. I try to find the drivers on the virtual machine, see them in the normal explorer window, but not when I browse through driver validation. I cannot seem to find the drivers on the web anywhere. So now I'm stuck to what to do.

Would this work anyway, because they are virtual machines running off Hyper-V?
Has anyone tried to restore a backup this way and have help/solution for me?
I looked at virtual conversion job, is this a better way of doing things? Just creating VHD's onto the NAS drive.

Ideally what i want, is to put the recovery disc in the spare server (different hardware) and restore the backups from the NAS drive and then run the virtual machines off this to get us going for the meantime if something went wrong on our servers.

Many thanks!!

1 REPLY 1

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

For SSR 2011, follow the procedure in this article: 

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH77037

To load the NIC drivers manually, load the following drivers:

wvmbus.inf

wnetvsc.inf

and if you want mouse: 

wvmbushid.inf