cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Backup SSR 2011using Netbackup

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Hi, possibly a very daft question by a complete newbie,

How do I go about it if I wished to backup a Symantec System Recovery 2011 Management Solution server to tape using Netbackup.

Which services do I need to stop prior to the backup and is there a Powershell script that could stop and restart the services after the backup.

Many Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You should post your Query under Netbackup product list , so they can view your query and provide you the information.

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Apologies for any confusion, I was after a script which took the SSR services down and basically wanted to know which of the services to stop prior to a database backup.

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

There's so many services associated with this product, they begin with altiris and symantec, does anyone have a definitive list? 

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You can probably perform a backup of MS server using SSR and copy the created image on a NAS and backups the image using Netbackup

or

You can perform a online backup of a database to NAS

How are you exactly trying to configure , there is no need of scripts while backing up in this way

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Any updates?

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Thanks for the reply, one further question.

Do I need to stop any Symantec services on the SSR server prior to backing up the database?

Is using services.msc the best way to do this?

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Do I need to stop any Symantec services on the SSR server prior to backing up the database?

Is using services.msc the best way to do this?

You do not have to stop SSR services..

Thanks