cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Clone Hard Drive using recovery disk with Symantec Ghost, Ghost Solution Suite, BESR, etc.

JBHaire52
Not applicable

Hello,
I need help with how I can I clone a Windows 7 hard drive using a recovery disk.  When I say clone I mean copy all data (and Partitions) from one hard disk to another hard disk by using Symaninc Product line.  I have done this in the past with old versions of Ghost recovery disk.  However the option isn't there in the recovery disk anymore.  I see that I can do it with the OS but that is not acceptable.  (Copying and OS installation within the OS is a bad idea b/c of changes and File locks.)  I want the WinPE version of local copying a harddrive like we had in the old Ghost 5 to 8 recovery disks.   

My drive is showing signs its dying and I need to get this done ASAP.

As such, and after being uncertain of which version would actually have the feature, last week I bought:
- Symantec Backup Exec System Recovery 2010
- Symantec Ghost Soulation 2.5
- Symantec Ghost 15

I get the idea of turning features off in trial versions to ensure someone buys the product.  However once it is purchased, I'd like to see the options plaining put back.

Please assist.
Thanks,
JBHaire52
, ,

4 REPLIES 4

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

For BESR you need the Symantec Recovery Disk (SRD) to create a clone offline, or you install BESR on the Win7 Laptop and use the copy drive feature there.

Dushan_Gomez
Level 6

Markus,

Out of curiosity, can BESR 2010 SRD clone my Windows 7 laptop and deploy it into a desktop or other laptop brand ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

If you take a cold backup using the SRD yes. Re-activation of Win7 is another topic.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Are your questions answered now ?