cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automate full system backup (C:\) into USB removable HDD using SSR 2013 ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi People,

I'm trying to install and simplify my workstation daily backup with SSR into USB Removable drive, can this be done automatically as incremental after I did the full backup ?

The destination is the USB drive which is always ON and I want the process run in the background to do the backup so in case the workstation failure, I can just restore it from this USB drive.

Please share the steps here.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

PravinAmin
Level 5
Employee

Hi John,

You can create backup job with your desirable schedule. Based on the schedule specified, base backup and incremental backup will be triggered. Please refer to User guide for more details.

-Thanks,

Pravin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

PravinAmin
Level 5
Employee

Hi John,

You can create backup job with your desirable schedule. Based on the schedule specified, base backup and incremental backup will be triggered. Please refer to User guide for more details.

-Thanks,

Pravin

John_Santana
Level 6

Pravin,

does the USB backup target destination can be plugged in to any USB port ?

PravinAmin
Level 5
Employee

Hi John,

The USB backup target destnation can be connected to any USB port. When you connect the  USB disk for very first time, SSR will ask for labelling the USB disk. The label will be used for recognizing the USB device as it may get different drive letter everytime you connect.

-Thanks,

Pravin

John_Santana
Level 6

Cool,

Thank you Pravin !