cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to automatically upgrade Symantec System Recovery Agents on client hosts to latest version?

Pawel_Wielgomas
Level 3

How to automatically upgrade Symantec System Recovery Agents versions on clients hosts to latest version?

Hi,

I`am using symantec system recovery 2011. My Clients have different versions Symantec System Recovery like 10.0.1.41704, 10.0.0.39952 and some the newest 10.0.3.45857.

How to automaticly upgrade client versions from console ?

10 REPLIES 10

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have a look here:https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/upgrading-ssr-2011-sp1-clients-sp2-using-ssrm#comment-7757671

Pawel_Wielgomas
Level 3

I read this post but I can`t see any SP3 option to upgrade,

any option to upgrade is update Symantec Management Platform to version “7.1.8400 sp2 MP1”  (now I have version 7.1.8280 sp2)

I have couple questions abaut that  :

1. How should be configured SIM (Symantec Installation Manager) in Option Symantec Installation Manager\Settings\Change product listing\Edit and what exactly path should be written in configuration
Now I have http://www.solutionsam.com/solutions/pl/symantec_v2.pl.xml.zip but i don`t know is the right option

2. Should I update Symantec Management Platform to version “7.1.8400 sp2 MP1”  (now I have version 7.1.8280 sp2)

3. Do You have Release notes for version “7.1.8400 sp2 MP1” and instruction how to update it? I was looking for it but I didn`t find it, and option “Release Notes” is not available (http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=DOC5955) from console. 

Pawel_Wielgomas
Level 3

Backing to topic "How to automatically upgrade Symantec System Recovery Agents on client hosts to latest version?"

I found filter named : "

Windows Computers Requiring Symantec Management Agent Upgrade

"

and there is a many clients to upgrade almost everything inmy company, but i don`t know how should I use this filter?

Is this can help me?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

A filter is always used in a policy, so you'd need to find out which policy is using this filter.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

A filter is always used in a policy, so you'd need to find out which policy is using this filter.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you figured out the right policy ?

Pawel_Wielgomas
Level 3

No, I didn`t? But i contacted with symanetc Consultant, and he told me that there is no such functionality as upgrade client version, but as always there is a workaraund consisting of three steps.

In symantec Managment Console you can find and use package to uninstal Symanetc System Recovery on Clientso :

First Step is to use Uninstal package, you can find it in Settings\BAckup and Recovery\Symantec System Recovery Packages\2011\Uninstal Symantec System Recovery 2011

Second Step is

Stop service named "AeXNSAgent" and

delete all files in folder  Software Delivery ("C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Agents\ SoftwareManagement\Software Delivery\*.* ")

Start service named "AeXNSAgent"

Third Step is use Instal Package for Symantec Sytem Recovery 2011, you can find it in Settings\BAckup and Recovery\Symantec System Recovery Packages\2011\Symantec System Recovery 2011 with\without user interface.

Second step is necessary becouse without this, third step will not run, becouse at "memory\history" there is information that third step you have used long time ago and taks is disabled. Second step is deleting that "memory\history". Unfortunatelly  second step you have to do manually at client or by GPO, or PSEXEC using script.

""

net stop "AeXNSAgent"

del "C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Agents\SoftwareManagement\Software Delivery\*.*" /f /s /q

net start"AeXNSAgent"

""

I Hope everything is clear.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Thanks for sharing this information, so would you please mark your post as solved then !