cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup Exchange 2007 using System Recovery 2010

dwdacuerent
Level 2

THe title says it all.  I purchased BE System Recovery 2010 because it was supposed to be able to backup Exchange 2007.  I don't see how to actually configure the backups to back up the Exchange informaiton store, as I would expect to see.  I normally use the Backup Exec 2010 software to do this. 

Does anyone know how to use the BE Sys Recov 2010 software to back up Exchange 2007?  Right now I just have it set up to back up the actual edb file, since that's all I can see how to do using this software.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

You need to enable the use full VSS backup option for the backup job. Then BESR uses the VSS provider to backup the exchange DBs.

criley
Employee Accredited

It's simple; just ensure that you backup ALL volumes that contain Exchange-related information in the same backup job.

As Markus says, use the 'Perform full VSS backup' option which will truncate the logs for you.

EZAce
Level 4

I had the same issue as you. I used to use Backup Exec and you would have to expand the server and then select the Exchange server database(s) to be backed up.

With BESR you don't have to do this option. The backup will include the whole server and the Exchange server and databases. As mentioned before, make sure you set the full VSS backup option and have all the drives that contain Exhange information.

I don't know if you can do mailbox level restore with BESR though. That is another question.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Astier
Level 3
Partner

" ... I don't know if you can do mailbox level restore with BESR though. That is another question."

It works. You must use Granular Restore. I used it twice.

Jean-Jacques

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

krishna27
Level 2

read the back up recovery option, you can gain answers......

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?