cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete backup destination in BESR?

Leongogogo
Level 2
One backup destination is no longer used. There are no recovery points in that destination. How can I delete it from BESR? From security log, BESR is still keep monitoring that folder, which is causing a big problem because of the logon/logoff logs. I have tried "manage backup destination" option. When I click on that backup destination, all options grayed out so I cannot delete it.

Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6

James_Matias
Level 1

We are also having this problem on all servers we are backing up. Anyone have any ideas?
There doesn't seem to be any immediately obvious way to do this..
Thanks.

lucas1959
Not applicable
We are also having this problem on all servers we are backing up. Anyone have any ideas?

BESR20-10
Level 3

dito
...bug?!

Jon_Sumida
Level 5
similarly, I'm trying to delete a backup destination. the option to delete is not greyed out, but when I try to delete it, it says:

"Error
You cannot delte the selected destination because an existing Backup Exec System Recovery policy or task already uses it. To delte the destination, you must first delete the policy or task that uses the destination"

I only have one test policy in use and it's pointing to a network drive. I did have a trial version of BESR 8.5 installed previously and used it. I uninstalled it, but maybe some pieces of it are still on my PC and BESR 2010 thinks this drive is associated as a destination still. The directory it's referring to doesnt' even exist.

Jon_Sumida
Level 5

nevermind, didn't work

kook04
Level 2

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/320697.htm

These instructions will basically enable you to wipe BESR's history of use, including configured jobs.  You can start from scratch, and stop those annoying reminders about backup destinations that no longer exist.