cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy Backup Policy with BESR Management Solution?

Otakar
Level 3
Partner
I have planned to deploy BESR 2010 to 40desktops using BESR Management Solution 2010. I successfuly Install Management Solution on dedicated W2k3 server and also install to all clients altiris agents, besr plugin and besr. When I have create Backup Policy with scheduled backup (recovery point set) I see anytime that assigned computers is zero regardless applying to any filter or any list of computer. When I create Taks at Monitor Task section to I am able to do Independent Backup. But I realy can't deploy (push) My Backup Policy to client Computers. Any help or advice very appriciated
16 REPLIES 16

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
You might want to check with p. 83 of the Admin Guide ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Backup_Exec_System_Recovery_Server_Edition/336319.pdf

Otakar
Level 3
Partner
I have read Admin Guide many times I have also reinstall all Management Solution and clients. I still have a problem that Backup Policy doesn't work. I have done this settings:

-Recovery Point Set
-Backup C Drive
- Schedule - Run Backup every day at 10:00
I have applied this to computers list which including my PCs using these filtering rules:
-Start with all comptuters then exclude computers not in list [My Computers List]

At Backup Status section I don't see any computers:(.

I can run independent backup task on any computer but can't deploy backup policy

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Could you post a hardcopy of the backup section ?

Otakar
Level 3
Partner
I am not sure what you mean by backup section at MS. I am attaching screenshot of backup policy and used filter to apply policy.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   
OK, this looks quite "normal". I assume you have already deployed the Altiris agent and the BESR Plugin to the 2 computers ? Are other setting applied successfully to the 2 clients e.g. smtp notification options or volume alerts or license numbers or are this ones also making troubles ?

Otakar
Level 3
Partner
I check other policy settings and it seems to in same state as backup policy. For first look seems to be normal but 0 assigned computers shows when applying policy to any filter. I am currently use trial licensing in vmware testing environment. Installing agent and BESR plugins were not problem. I am also able to process task - independent backup but no policy seems to be applied.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Well you might try to reinstall the altiris agent and the BESR plugin. This helped in some of my cases with communication issues.

Otakar
Level 3
Partner
I have tryied to reinstall BESR Plugin and also hole managent solution many times:((

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you had a look at the Altiris Log using the Altiris Log Viewer ? Any hints there ?

Otakar
Level 3
Partner

I have discover that other than backup policy shows assigned computers correctly. but still no assigned computers at backup policy

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

When force an update of the BESR server using the altiris agent on the server, are there any hints then in the altiris log ?

Otakar
Level 3
Partner
I have didn't find anything relevant when browsing logs files on Altiris Server. When I have check directory C:\program  files\altiris\altiris agent\client policies\   I see there XML file with policy to what should be apply to client. But I have didn't find any relevant information how this policy is applied or not applied or how besr plugin set this policy. I don't know how I should diagnose it or what to check on client:(.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you resolved this issue meanwhile ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any news here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any updates here ?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Any news here ?