cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to discover traces of besr 2010 without installing symantec management agent ?

chrismatt83
Level 4

Ok so I have the symantec management console to manage my servers. We use ssr 2011 ms. So I need to discover machines that has any traces of BESR 2010 9.0 and  lower versions like 8.5 AND 8.0 because we are seeing it on servers which shouldnt be there due to compliance and basically delete it The only way I know how to do this is by discovering machine and then installing the management agent and then to pick it up. So is there any way to just discover machines and see if has a certain software ( in this case BESR 2010 9.0, 8.5 clients) installed without installing the symantec management agent first ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

I don't think so - you need to install the Symantec Management Agent (SMA) and the SSR-MS Plug-in in order to do this.

Also be aware that 8.0 clients are not supported with SSR-MS. Support only goes as far back as 8.5.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

criley
Employee Accredited

I don't think so - you need to install the Symantec Management Agent (SMA) and the SSR-MS Plug-in in order to do this.

Also be aware that 8.0 clients are not supported with SSR-MS. Support only goes as far back as 8.5.