cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to estimate Azure pricing for VSR18 backups

kahml
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Current client using VSR16 for Windows 7 desktop back ups to local NAS device.  Both devices are long in the tooth and will be replaced soon.

Plans are to move to a new Windows 10 machine and upgrade to VSR18 and use the cloud

The back-up runs 13 times a day (every business hour from 6 am thru 7 pm) daily.  A new recovery point is created on the first day of each month, and two months of back-ups are retained.  While not the optimal plan, it is what has been used for years.  The backup folder runs between 450 and 600 GB.

If I'm going to store this data on Azure, does Veritas have a guideline for the numbers I can use in the Azure Pricing Calculator to approximate monthly cloud Storage costs?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

criley
Employee Accredited

@kahml

If I'm going to store this data on Azure, does Veritas have a guideline for the numbers I can use in the Azure Pricing Calculator to approximate monthly cloud Storage costs?

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for here... what do you mean by 'numbers' ?

kahml
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I am asking what should be used to figure out the cost.  Specifically:  Write operations, List and Create Container operations, Read operations, All other operation.

criley
Employee Accredited

@kahml

OK, got it.

I'm afraid that this information does not currently exist. I have however put in a request to our engineering team.... they will work on this and we'll get something published for customer use. At this point, I cannot say how long it will take but I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for raising this.

kahml
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Chris, I appreciate that.

And if you could amend the request.  Having similar information for the Offsite Copy function would be helpful as well - especially if the Storage Blog should have different characteristics than one used for direct back-ups.

kahml
Level 4
Partner Accredited

@criley

Checking in for any kind of status change after 3 months...

criley
Employee Accredited

@kahml

I do have some details for Azure, just waiting for details on AWS before I publish an article on this.

Rather than you waiting longer for this, I can send you details directly if you want.... please direct message me with an email address and I'll send across the info I have.

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@criley

If you don't mind - I have PM'ed you as well...

Thanks!