cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install SSR 2013 Agent on Server 2008 R2 Standard Domain Controllers

batmike23
Level 3

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me how to install Symantec System Recovery 2013 Agent on Domain Controller Servers due to SIM doesn't allowed to install the SSR 2013 Installation only without the SSR 2013 Management Solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited

You are using the wrong ISO file there - that is the RECOVERY DISK which is used for restores.

You need to use the SSR installer...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

criley
Employee Accredited

Bit confused about your question. To confirm:

The Management Solution CANNOT be installed on a domain contoller.

However, the agent (standalone SSR) can be installed on a domain contoller. Just run the installer as you would on any other machine...

batmike23
Level 3

thanks Chris Riley but the problem is , i can't download the standalone SSR on the Symantec Installation Manager, whenever i choose the SSR 2013 Installer only, it automatically selected the SSR 2013 Management Solution also, the pls. see image below:

2013-06-27_092927.png

criley
Employee Accredited

Do you actually use the Management Solution? If not, I don't understand why you are using the Installation Manager.

You can get the installer from our trialware site (https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=154587) or here:

https://symantec.flexnetoperations.com/control/symc/registeranonymouslicensetoken

batmike23
Level 3

Yes Sir, i installed it on our other Server not running on DC and i've tested it, actually we already purchased this product and i've got the softwares on our accounts. Can you help me where can i get the SSR 2013 installation only?

criley
Employee Accredited

Do you mean that you have already installed the Management Solution on another server in your environment? If yes, you can use this to push-install the SSR client.

Please see my previous comments for details of where you can download the install files.

batmike23
Level 3

good day Sir Chris, i can't install the SSR 2013 on the Domain Controllers because of the below validation...

2013-06-27_131438.jpg

2013-06-27_131513.jpg

criley
Employee Accredited

You are using the wrong ISO file there - that is the RECOVERY DISK which is used for restores.

You need to use the SSR installer...