cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

How to migrate the configuration and encryption key of a server 2010 SBE to other new server

elvisvillalba
Not applicable
Partner Accredited Certified

at the present time I have a server 2010 symantec backupexec version 13.0, was created a new server with windows server 2008 R2 and in this setup the media server, I need to know how I can import the configuration and encryption key from one server to another, or maybe I should redo the settings in the new server, I'm new to this area if anyone can help I would appreciate greatly. 

3 REPLIES 3

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

To migrate the configuration please follow the technote given below:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH67296 : How to migrate from Backup Exec from one version to an another on different server with a different server name.

This will also copy the Encryption key as those are also saved in Backup Exec Database. In case if the Encryption are not copied then you can create the same in new installation using the same Pass phrase which was used to create the original key.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Sush---
Level 6

Any updates on this?? Have you got the required information about the migration??

Thanks,

-Sush...

Sush---
Level 6

Are there any updates on this ??  I would appreciate if you can update the post from your end. If you have got the required Information please mark the appropriate response as Solution and close this forum post.

Thanks,

-Sush...