Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to modify Schedule backup image

elroykhlo
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Dear Sir,

I have setup a schedule daily backup job for SSR. Do anyone know how to modify the backup image name?

Thanks

Best Regards,

Elroy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Elroy,

We cannot change the no. for the recovery point as it will create the number as per the backups.

This is by design. We use 001, 002 etc to determine which set it is. You cannot change it.

Regards,

Tripti

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Dave_H1
Level 4

Open the main screen and click "Tasks" then click "Run or manage Backups".

Select your backup and click "edit settings"

Click the next button. The next screen is called "Define Backup Wizzard".

Look for a blue link "Customize Recovery Point Filenames", it's a link, not a button.

Sadly, they have never added any variables like %date% or anything more usefull than just a name.

Regards,

Dave

elroykhlo
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Dear Dave,

Thanks for your information. In addition, my schedule backup job will create the image name which is XXX_C_Drive_001. It will be change whenever the job is running every day. Can I modify to not change the no. at the last? Because it will become a very large number if I run the job after a few months

Thanks

Best Regards,

Elroy

TRaj
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Elroy,

We cannot change the no. for the recovery point as it will create the number as per the backups.

This is by design. We use 001, 002 etc to determine which set it is. You cannot change it.

Regards,

Tripti

Mahesh_Nayak
Level 4
Employee Certified

Hi Elroy, 

the only option available from software is a choice whether to "preprnd computer name to backup data file names"  ( its a check box that administrator could use if he doesnot need the computer name on the file ... 

Try tasks--.options--->general -- the first check box. 

elroykhlo
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Dear Sir,

Thanks for all your information. It's clear now

Thanks

Elroy