cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent client system from rebooting when SSR2011 is installed?

Danny_ter_Horst
Level 4

After the SMA is installed the clients will have automatically the SSR2011 plugin and SSR2011 software installed.

I have setup with the following scheduled options:

- Run Once Asap

- User can Run

- Warn before running, can defer for 10 minutes

After the software is pushed, it asked to be installed (user can defer 5 minutes). After the software is installed its asking for a reboot (can defer 5 minutes instead of 10). After five minutes all programs are automatically closed and the computer will be rebooted.

I don't like this behaviour. When a user isn't reading the message carefully or when the user isn't behind his computer at that time, he will not be happy when his computer is rebooted  and his work isn't saved.

How can I prevent this behaviour?

I already tried to change the settings at the <Update packages> to:

.\install\setup.exe /S /L1033 /V" REBOOT=ReallySupress /qn AddLocal=Agent,Shared,SecurityShortCut Remove=Console,ConsoleShortCut,Push,Browser,BrowserShortCut,Gear /l*v "%temp%\ssr_10_0_woui_install.log""

3 REPLIES 3

criley
Employee Accredited

When you updated the package, did you also click on 'Update Distribution Points'?

There is also a section in the package for 'After running'. By default, I think this is set to reboot so this also needs changing.

Be aware that backups wont run until a reboot is performed.

Danny_ter_Horst
Level 4

I doublechecked our settings and indeed I was overlooking the <After Running> option. It was still on Restart. I have to test it again.

I'll let you know the results.

Best Regards

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited

REBOOT=ReallySupress

should be

REBOOT=ReallySuppress

-Dave