cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying out SSR2013, it

SSRnewbe
Level 3

I am trying out SSR2013, it works when backing up my C and D drive. But when I backup my E drive(data drive) the program locks up.  I can copy everything on the E drive to the D drive and SSR2013 will do a backup of the C and D drive with no issues.  Can anyone tell me what is happening? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SSRnewbe
Level 3

The computer has not been connected to the network at this time, so it isn't a network issue.  I am currently running windows XP and with it not being supported. I build this new computer to transfer everthing over, while still running off the old system to decrease down time.  Once I verify that I can make a disk image without any problems I will take down the old system and install the new. 

I will say I figured out the problem and SSR2013 seems to be working fine now. Thanks for you help in this matter.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Created a new discussion for this.

Any specify errors in the ssr eventlog ?

SSRnewbe
Level 3

Only thing on the event log was when I shut down the computer to terminate the backup.  I did that because after waiting all night with the only change being the time to complete backup, and SSR wouldn't cancel. 

SSRnewbe
Level 3

I just build this computer, it is using windows 7 64 bit, UEFI bios.  I used windows 7 to setup the partition, and when doing so it asked if the drive was MBR, or GUID. I chose MBR, could this be an issue?

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

At what percentage of the backup did you shutdown the computer ?

SSRnewbe
Level 3

The first time it was at 34% with estimated 24 hours backup completion, this was after letting it sat all night.  The second time I didn't let it go that long, it had gotten to 61% and went from 32minutes estimated completion to 2 hours estimated completion.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

This look very much like a network issue ! Have you tried fixing the port speed and duplex setting for the switch ? You could also try to update your NIC drivers and firmware.

SSRnewbe
Level 3

The computer has not been connected to the network at this time, so it isn't a network issue.  I am currently running windows XP and with it not being supported. I build this new computer to transfer everthing over, while still running off the old system to decrease down time.  Once I verify that I can make a disk image without any problems I will take down the old system and install the new. 

I will say I figured out the problem and SSR2013 seems to be working fine now. Thanks for you help in this matter.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

OK, then please mark this post as solved.