cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been successful backing up my server using v7.01....

CPSI
Level 3
I have been successful backing up my server using v7.01.  I have also been able to recover the server on another box with unlike hardware (baremetal restore).

The problem is when I try to log into the recovered server I receive the following error.

To log on to this remote computer, you must be granted the ALLOW log on through Terminal Service right.  By default, members of the Remote Desktop User group have this right.  If you are not a member of the RDU group or another group that has this right, or if the RDU group does not have this right, you must be granted this right manually.

I am very new at this, and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and come up with a solution.  I looked at the group policy and it appears that the rights are correct.  In fact, since everything copied to the new server, data, settings, etc., I am puzzled as to why Terminal Services rights may have been changed.

1 REPLY 1

TMurfet
Level 3
Right-click "My Computer" > Properties > Remote tab. Is "Remote Desktop" enabled?

Cheers, Tony.