cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need the ISO to create a Recovery disk for SSR2013

IrvS
Level 3

I need the ISO to create the Recovery disk. My system got TOTALLY hosed and Dell didn't help me much by telling me to install W8.1 again. Lost a lot of stuff. I do have the C: back-up though. It appears I never made a recovery disk for this computer, a Dell XPS 8700. My wife's XPS 8500 DOES have the DVD so at one time I did have the ISO, but I can't locate it now?

I can't boot her DVD as it does put up a prompt to press a key to boot the DVD and goes straight to C:. Both machines have the UEFI BIOS. Dell's W8.1 Recovery DVD does show that prompt.

I am in dire straights here and need to be able to boot to a DVD.

HELP PLEASE!!!

I've seen links to get trials, but NO .ISO file can be found? I don't want the product, just the 64 bit Recovery ISO file.

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The newest version of SSR does not contain the SRD iso for download. You can create it using this KB article - https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH225888.html

However, if you have a serial number for an older version such as SSR 2013, then you can access the Fileconnect portal and download the SRD iso from there. Link to the portal -

https://symantec.flexnetoperations.com/control/symc/registeranonymouslicensetoken

IrvS
Level 3

This seems to be a problem for me. I am NOT on R2. It also seems the only copy of SSR2013 I've got is the one from the Beta Test that was given at the end? Serial number doesn't seem to be good to get anything in FileConnect.

Between MS and Dell my system is totally hosed. I've got a W8.1 partition that I can boot under UEFI and a W10 under Legacy it seems.

I'm afraid to try to restore the SSD C: from the W10 partition's C: (SSD C: is X:) but I had problems with that before. I'm sure I need the bootable dvd.

Anyway around this? I've installed SSR2013 from the disk I have on W8.1 but all I can do is restore some files.

Suggestions?

IrvS
Level 3

Never mind, got it works. Copied the XPS 8500 DVD to the hard disk, point the Create to that folder and I created the DVD and booted it and restored my SSD and I'm on it now.

The CREATE function failed under W10 though. Said the DVD was 'full' and it said it had only 500MB's or so on it. Booted over to W8.1 and it made the DVD without problems using the 8500 DVD files on the hard disk.

Thanks for your help.