cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import old backup into System Recovery 2011

deed02392
Level 2

I created a backup image file of my system drive, which now exists in a .v2i file. I want to convert this to a virtual machine image but the interface requires the backup is 'visible' as a previously created recovery point.

Since I am now in a 'disaster recovery' situation whereby I no longer have whatever reference registry entries or configuration files your software requires to know what it needs to know about a previous backup in order to do anything with it, I need to know how to import an old backup into a NEW installation of SSR 2011.

How can I convert my existing backup, unbeknown to SSR 2011, into a virtual image?

Regards,

George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If you launch SSR 2011, click on the 'tasks' tab, then select 'one time virtual conversion', you can convert an existing .v2i file here. After you select the conversion type, on the screen where you select your source, you may have to change the 'View by' field to 'File name' to allow you to browse to the location of your file.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Andreas_Horlach
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If you launch SSR 2011, click on the 'tasks' tab, then select 'one time virtual conversion', you can convert an existing .v2i file here. After you select the conversion type, on the screen where you select your source, you may have to change the 'View by' field to 'File name' to allow you to browse to the location of your file.